HEY, I THINK I SEE A CELEBRITY!: All Chi-Town Sightings, Week of 1/18
From time to time celebrities do step out of LA and New York to venture over to the windy city! They’re not always A-list, but what the heck, we’ll take what we can get. This week’s sightings:
- Jersey Shore cast members The Situation, Pauly D, Snooki and J-Woww finally made good on their slew of canceled Chicago appearances from last week, stopping by RiNo on Sunday night. In an interview with Red Eye, J-Woww said she is shocked by the reception the show has received:
I don’t know another reality show that has had this sort of impact. Maybe the Osbournes?
As for her future plans, she said:
I would love to do Playboy. But right now I’m crossing my fingers for a second season of the show. Personally, I’d like to see us all go to Vegas.
Vegas sounds like a great idea. When Saved By The Bell did that the reason was that Zack wanted a shotgun wedding. Not to worry though, I’m sure J-Woww wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize her chances of starring in her own VH1 dating show.
- Ludacris performed at Regal Theater on Saturday during Sprite Step Off, a national step competition featuring fraternities and sororities. The rapper performed a new song titled “Baby”, which he is predicting will be a huge hit when it comes out as part of his album Ludaverse. He told the Chicago Tribune’s About Last Night blog, that it’s:
going to be one of the biggest songs of 2010 – mark my words.
The song is a collaboration with 15 year old pop singer Justin Bieber. Having worked other teen idols like Jesse Mccartney in the past, he says he didn’t flinch when the idea came up:
Justin Bieber is signed to Def Jam Records, which is the same record label I’m signed to. So LA Reid, the chairman of Def Jam Records, asked me to be on the song. It didn’t take any convincing because the first time I heard the record, I loved it.
For his next collaboration all signs point to Adam Lambert. They could do the hip-hop version of “For Your Entertainment” (minus the simulated felatio) just in time for the next Grammy Awards.
- Rescue Me actor Larenz Tate attended Sprite Step Off to support Ludacris. The pair, who costarred in the 2006 film Crash together, hung out at The Underground later that night. In an interview with TV Guide in June, Tate talked about why he think his TV show gets away with dealing with race issues. He said:
Here’s the thing, it’s all fair game. It’s not just the African-Americans or the Latinos or the Asians or the Jewish or the Irish. We all get it, so it keeps an even playing field. As long as we do it in a mindful way, it’s fair game if everybody gets it. It’s that kind of show that’s going to push the envelope and FX is good about finding those kinds of shows that are a little bit off-kilter. It’s offensive, but there’s always a joke behind it.
Strangely enough, that’s exactly what Jim Belushi said about According to Jim.
- Alleged Tiger Woods mistress and star of VH1′s Tool Academy, Jaimee Grubbs made an appearance at Manor nightclub Saturday. Grubbs gained media attention after she claimed she had received over 300 texts from Woods and had over 20 sexual encounters with the golf legend. When asked about her newfound fame Grubbs responded:
I’m sure she meant overwhelmingly awesome! All of Tiger’s ex mistresses need to band together and use their notoriety for a reality show of some sort. It would be like Big Brother combined with HBO’s highly rated reality show about a Nevada brothel, Cathouse.
- Jesse Jackson was spotted at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse on the Gold Coast Saturday. In an interview with CNN in October, host Contessa Brewer mistakenly introduced him as Reverend Al Sharpton, after which there was an awkward pause to which to he said:
I’m Reverend Jesse Jackson.
Right, I don’t… you know, I’m so sorry. The script in front of me said Reverend Al Sharpton. I’m looking at your face. I know who you are, Reverend Jackson. We all do. I’m sorry.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Jackson prefers Fox News after that incident.
- America’s Next Top Model season 8 winner Jaslene Gonzalez took part in a music video shoot for Vince P‘s “Girls in the Club” at Vision nightclub Thursday. The model took to Twitter to say:
Last day in chicago… In 21hrs I will be in NY!!!! Yayyyy!!!
She must have eaten some bad Italian beef.
- Rihanna was seen at the Dana Hotel & Spa Wednesday following her appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show. In her interview with Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America in November the “R-Rated” chanteuse said she was embarrassed that she had fallen in love with Chris Brown. I think she was too hard on herself. At least she didn’t fall in love with Tiger Woods.
Source: Red Eye.