HEY, I THINK I SEE A CELEBRITY!: All Chi-Town Sightings, Week of 12/13
From time to time celebrities do step out of LA and New York to venture over to the windy city! They’re not always A-list, but what the heck, we’ll take what we can get. This week’s sightings:
- Real Housewives of Atlanta star and “Tardy for the Party” songstress Kim Zolciak must have forgotten the lyrics to her own single, seeing as she was late for a party held in her honor at Manor on Friday night.
In an interview with Red Eye, Zolciak said she will be returning to the show for another season, adding:
But not by choice.
She also talked about her friends and enemies on the show. She said:
Kandi Burruss and I are very close, NeNe and I are fine, and the other two I could do without.”
She’s currently working on a book and a wig line. Now we can all look forward to Tardy to the Party: The Novel.
- Lakers star Kobe Bryant, who was in town to play against the Bulls Tuesday at the United Center, hit up the Gold Coast Monday night. Bryant was spotted at Elate, The Whiskey and Gibsons.
In an interview with Magic Johnson in June, Bryant said that if he could choose any player past or present to include on a dream team, it would be Michael Jordan. Unfortunately, that will have to remain a dream. Sort of like a sequel to Space Jam.
- Bryant’s teammate Pau Gasol shopped at Saks Fifth Avenue on Monday. Gasol recently talked about how much happier he’s been since he was traded from Memphis to the Lakers in February 2008. He said:
I was losing my spark, my motivation, the passion I always had for the game. I was getting really frustrated. That’s why when this happened, I was so thankful. I was so thrilled I had this opportunity. I still am, and still probably will be for the rest of my life.
I’m sure a lot of people feel the same way about leaving Memphis, actually.
- Bachelorette star Jillian Harris stopped by the Make-A-Wish benefit at Underground on Thursday. In August Harris defended Bachelorette winner/boyfriend Ed Swiderski amidst allegations of cheating while he was on the show, telling People.com:
My biggest concern is with everything that happened after the day we got engaged, and after we got engaged he has been so open with me. He’s told me all of this, every little text message and every little phone call. I use his computer. I know that any communication he had with the girls post-show was platonic. I’m not worried about it.”
Sounds like Swiderski will be under close surveillance. At least this time it won’t be captured on camera to air on national television.
- Barry Manilow was spotted shopping at Woodfield Mall on Friday afternoon and then later that night dining at the Capital Grille in Rosemont. Recently, Manilow was asked about his response to Adam Lambert‘s salacious performance at the American Music Awards,which included simulated oral sex with another man, during an appearance on Joy Behar‘s CNN chat show. Manilow said:
He has a great instrument.
Funny, that’s the same response George Takei gave.
- Bulls players Tyrus Thomas and Luol Deng celebrated Bulls assistant Hallemah Nash‘s birthday Friday night. Both players have been dealing with injuries this season: Thomas with a hip injury and Deng with a stress fracture. Apparently they’re both tired of the their critics in the media as well. Thomas told the Chicago Tribune:
This is a huge year for me. I need to shut some of you damn critics up. No, seriously, I’ve had the best summer of my life as far as getting better on the court, strength-wise physically, mentally. I’ve put myself in mental shape to go through a long season and deal with adversity. It’s going to be a good year for me.
And Deng told Bulls.com:
I’m not frustrated when people hold high standards. My only frustration came when people questioned my injury. That’s the only time I felt it wasn’t fair. I knew I was injured. I’m not the kind of guy who’s going to come out in the paper and say anything about it. I knew in time it would tell. That was the worst feeling, thinking people felt I was faking it for some reason.
- Rod Blagojevich dined at Joe’s Stone Crab on Friday. In his memoir The Governor, Blagojevich compares himself to various characters from Shakespeare, Ghandi and President Barack Obama:
He’s now the president of the United States, like Zeus in Greek mythology, on top of Mount Olympus. I’m Icarus, who flew too close to the sun. And I crashed to the ground.
By crashed to the ground, he must mean having his wife replace him on I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.
Source: Red Eye.